FAITH LOVES THE PLANET!
FIRST ASIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND HUMANITIES
ENVIRONMENT PRESERVATION PROGRAM
ENERGY CONSERVATION PROGRAM
- Unplug your chargers when you're not charging
- Switch off equipment (televisions, computers) when you're not using them. Even when you think these products are off, together, their "standby" consumption can be equivalent to that of a 75 or 100 watt light bulb running continuously.
- Set Computers to Sleep and Hibernate
- Enable the "sleep mode" feature on the computer, allowing it to use less power during periods of inactivity. In Windows, the power management settings are found on your control panel.
- Configure your computer to "hibernate" automatically after 30 minutes or so of inactivity. The "hibernate mode" turns the computer off in a way that doesn't require you to reload everything when you switch it back on. Allowing your computer to hibernate saves energy and is more time-efficient than shutting down and restarting your computer from scratch. When you're done for the day, shut down.
- Take Control of Temperature
- Aircon units are set at 22 degrees. (standard)
- Use sunlight wisely. For non-aircon assembly areas, avoid switching-on the lights during daytime to maximize the use of sunlight. Close shades and blinds during the summer or when the air conditioner is in use or will be in use later in the day.
- Use Appliances Efficiently
- To areas with refrigerators: set your refrigerator temperature at 38 to 42 degrees Fahrenheit; your freezer should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the power-save switch if your fridge has one, and make sure the door seals tightly. You can check this by making sure that a dollar bill closed in between the door gaskets is difficult to pull out. If it slides easily between the gaskets, replace them.
- To areas with stoves and ovens (Food Court, CHM, Stellar Café): Don't preheat or "peek" inside the oven more than necessary. Check the seal on the oven door, and use a microwave oven for cooking or reheating small items.
- Turn Out the Lights and ACUs
- Don't forget to flick the switch when you leave a room.
- Don’t forget to turn-off the aircon when you leave the room. If you will stay inside the room, for only a short period of time, do not turn on the aircon at all.
Aircon units must be off according to the following schedule:
- Unified School Classrooms: 3:30/4:00PM (Right after the end of class or activity)
- College Classrooms: Right after the end of the last class (including classes followed by a break. Please refer to the class schedule posted on the doors.)
- Admin and Unified School Offices: 6:00PM
- College Faculty Room: 8:00PM
- Airconditioned Assembly areas: As soon as the program ends
During the “cold months” (November-February, you are advised to switch off the ACUs at least 30 mins. Before the end of class or activity)
· Call (043) 778-0656/4136/1529/1526 local 347 immediately to report leaks
- For dorm residents and those in charge of their own consumption, review your consumption
· Is the process/activity really necessary?
· Are there alternatives that could be used?
- Avoid unnecessary use of water at all times.
NO STYRO POLICY
IMPORTANT REMINDER to all Food Concessionaires, students, faculty, staff, and parents:
FAITH presently implements the “NO STYRO POLICY” to lessen the styro wastes that contribute to the bulk of our solid waste inside the campus.
Students and parents are advised to use reusable plastic containers (Tupperware etc.) or biodegradable food wraps (banana leaves) for “baons.”